The Association of London Environmental Health Managers (Alehm) represents senior managers of London's 33 environmental health services and the London Port Health Authority.
- provide policy and strategy forums for London borough environmental health managers and staff;
- promote and where possible help facilitate the delivery of coordinated environmental health across London; and
- identify and deliver training to help meet the needs of London environmental health staff.
We meets six times a year, oversee a number of specialist sub-groups that provide technical and professional support and serve as a key link between managers and organisations such as:
- the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and especially the Institutes's Greater London Region;
- London Councils;
- the Mayor of London; and
- the Association of Local Government.